Are you interested in putting your skills to work for a great cause? Cause of Action Institute is looking to hire a Law Clerk for Summer 2017 to advance a free society through strategic investigations and litigation to fight unconstitutional government overreach and expose waste, fraud, and abuse in the government. The organization is an independent 501(c) (3) public interest group that uses public advocacy and legal reform tools to ensure greater transparency in government, protect taxpayer interests, and promote economic freedom.
Cause of Action Institute will work with you and your law school to attempt to obtain school credit, as permitted, for this unpaid position.
- Perform legal research and writing in the areas of litigation, transactional, non-profit, and general law.
- Work on a variety of projects (investigations, reports, etc.) as assigned to assist Senior Counsel and others throughout the organization to examine government action/inaction.
- Understand and maintain 100% compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Work both independently and as part of a team.
- Hours will be 10-20 per week or more.
- Completed 1L (first) year and currently enrolled in an ABA-accredited law school.
- Excellent legal research and writing skills.
- Excellence in academics and good class standing. Strong performance in public-law related course work preferred.
- Demonstrated interest or familiarity in the Freedom of Information Act, the Administrative Procedure Act, and other statutory schemes in the public law field.
- Provide strong references.
- An understanding of free market principles and a passion for advancing the mission of the organization is required.
- Submittal of LSAT scores and unofficial transcripts encouraged but not required, and can be uploaded along with your resume and cover letter
Click here to apply.