Cause of Action Institute is looking to hire a Law Clerk for Spring/Summer 2016.
- Perform legal research and writing in the areas of litigation, transactional, non-profit, and general law.
- Work on a variety of projects (investigations, reports, etc.) as assigned to assist Senior Counsel and others throughout the organization to examine government action/inaction.
- Understand and maintain 100% compliance with all applicable laws and regulations.
- Work both independently and as part of a team.
- Hours will be 10-20 per week or more.
- Completed 1L (first) year and currently enrolled in an ABA-accredited law school.
- Excellent legal research and writing skills.
- Excellence in academics and good class standing. Strong performance in public-law related course work preferred.
- Demonstrated interest or familiarity in the Freedom of Information Act, the Administrative Procedure Act, and other statutory schemes in the public law field.
- Provide strong references.
- An understanding of free market principles and a passion for advancing the mission of the organization is required.
- Submittal of LSAT scores and unofficial transcripts encouraged but not required, and can be uploaded along with your resume and cover letter
Click here to apply.